"Push reports" is a feature that enables you to automatically receive various transaction reports on a daily basis.
With Push reports you can:
- Simplify standard reconciliation
- Receive comprehensive reports on a daily basis
- Easily manage and control your payments
- Reduce administrative workload through automated reporting
- Define different reports based on different user needs (formats/recipients)
- Receive reports without having to install any software.
The number of available daily reports depends on the option selected in your account; You can have 3, 5 or 10 daily reports. If you wish to have more than 10 reports, please contact our Sales team for more information.
You can receive push reports for “View transactions”, “Financial history” or “Reconciliation” .
1. Configuration of filename and format
You first need to configure the file format. You can do so via your account's top menu, in the following ways:
- On account (PSPID) level:
- Select "Operations" and choose "Electronic reporting" in the sub-menu. (Note: If you have already created one or more push reports in your account, “Electronic reporting” will show you a list of those reports. To access the “Electronic reporting” configuration page from there, you need to click the “File format” link at the top of the page.)
- Select "Operations" and choose "View transactions", "Financial history" (or "View files") in the sub-menu. Then select "File format".
- On user (USERID) level:
- Select "Configuration" and choose "Users" in the sub-menu. Next, click "Edit" for the specific user. In the User's Data overview, select "Electronic Reporting for this User" at the bottom of the page.
The file structure and format can be defined for each user. When you configure the electronic reporting parameters for a user, this configuration will be applied to all reports set up by this user. Push reports are linked to the user that created them. If a user is deactivated or becomes dormant, the Push Reports will not be sent anymore.
Specific fields will be returned in your report, depending on the file structure. A choice of four different file structures is available: Standard, Extended, File Management and Dynamic. You can also choose between three different return formats: XML, Fixed-length and Delimited (for the full description of the different structures, go to Reporting).
If you configure a file name, you can include dynamic parameters in it:
- [DATE] for processing file previous date
- [FILEDATE] for processing file date
- [TIME] for processing file time.
Example: File[DATE]_[TIME] will be converted to File20140527_160952
2. Create a new push report
2.1 Create a report in View transactions / Financial history
2.1.1 How to create a report
Click the “Financial History” link or the “View transactions” link in your Payglobe account menu and enter the search criteria and/or statuses for the transaction results you want to receive. All criteria/data you select/enter will be taken into account (except for the dates, as a daily report will always send you transaction results for the previous day).
Click the "Send daily" button.
More information on the differences between “Financial History” and “View transactions”.
2.1.2 Form parameters
Enter a file name, media type and a destination in the fields concerned and click the “Add” button.
You can select three possible media types: “e-mail with attachment”, “e-mail” or “HTTP request”:
- If you select “e-mail with attachment”, the daily report will be sent to you as an email attachment.
- If you select “e-mail”, the content of the daily report will be shown in the body of the email.
> For these two media types, you must enter one or more valid email addresses in the “Destination” field where you would like to receive the emails.
- If you select “HTTP request”, you will receive the contents of the daily report in an HTTP request at the URL you enter in the “Destination” field.
"HTTP Request" may contain a maximum of 1500 transactions per day.
If you process more, we recommend selecting "email with attachment" or "email" instead.
2.1.3 File structure (View transactions/Financial history)
The file structure of the report depends on the file structure (and optional additional fields) you've selected on the Electronic reporting/File format page (cf. Reporting)
3. Manage reports
3.1 View created reports
Once you have created one or more reports, you can view them on the “Electronic reporting” page.
3.2 Edit a report
3.2.1 Electronic reporting
If you want to change the file format used for your reports (i.e. all reports created by your user), you can click the “File format” link at the top of the “Daily reports” page (accessible through the “Electronic reporting” links in your account).
3.2.2 Financial history and View transactions
You cannot change the “Financial history” or “View transactions” settings for an existing report.
To change the search criteria and/or statuses you selected for a report in the “Financial history” or the “View transactions” page, you need to delete the report and create a new one.
3.2.3 Form parameters
In the “Daily reports” page (Electronic reporting), you can change the Name, Media, Destination and whether you want to receive a daily report even if it is empty (i.e. no transactions to report).
In order for the changes to take effect, you need to click the “Modify” button in the Operations column of the report.
3.3 Delete a report
To delete a specific daily report, you must click the “Delete” button in the Operations column for that report.
3.4 Resend a report
To resend a specific daily report, you can click the “Log” button in the "Operations" column of that report. Look up the report you want to resend and click the “Send again” button in the "Operations" column of the report.
A new line will appear for the report. The name of the report will be identical to the name of the original report.
The Date/Status column will be highlighted in red until the report has been successfully sent, then the column will turn green and indicate the exact date and time at which the report was sent to you.
This Log page gives you an overview of all reports that have been sent.